Many parents often ask what is the appropriate age to introduce educational toys to a child. We say that a child should be given an educational toy as soon as they are born. Sounds surprising? There is a reason why infant and toddler toys have colorful textures and an easy grip. Toys play an important role in a child’s development and help them learn various skills. No age is too young for a child to learn a new skill. If we had to pick one toy from our list below, it would be the Take-Along Shape Sorter, since it promotes such important STEM skills, and it’s so easily portable, you can take it with you anywhere. However, every child is different and budgets vary, so read on to see all our top picks!
Related Post: Best Educational Toys for 18 Month Old
- Best Toys for 15 Month Old
- 1. Best for Learning: Cause and Effect, Music — Brio Play & Learn Musical Caterpillar
- 2. Best for Learning: Vocabulary, Phonics, Shapes — Laugh and Learn Around the Town Learning Table
- 3. Best for Learning: Coordination, Counting, Colors, Shapes — Laugh and Learn Light-up Learning Vacuum
- 4. Best for Learning: Size Differentiation, Colors — Melissa & Doug Rainbow Stacker Toy
- 5. Best for Learning: Shaping, Sorting, Complementarity — Melissa & Doug Take-Along Shape-Sorter
- Why are Educational Toys Important for 15-Month-Old Babies?
Best Toys for 15 Month Old
1. Best for Learning: Cause and Effect, Music — Brio Play & Learn Musical Caterpillar
This extremely cute-looking Play & Learn Musical Caterpillar from Brio introduces a child to the concept of cause and effect, in addition, helps them understand the basics of making music. The wooden panel has a fixed head and tail. The rest of the panel is divided into 10 circle-shaped empty places. The child will have to place wooden balls on the empty space and try to connect the head and tail of the caterpillar. Once they do so, they’ll make a pleasant melody.
2. Best for Learning: Vocabulary, Phonics, Shapes — Laugh and Learn Around the Town Learning Table
A town-themed activity table, the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Around The Town Learning Table Playset is one of the best educational toys for 15-month-olds. Your baby can sit with it on the floor, and then when your child is steady on their feet, you can attach the legs to make it into a table. Your child will be introduced to a new activity at almost every corner of the table. It has more than 120+ songs that help the child learn numbers, colors, letters, and foods. It is a wonderful toy to encourage the child to build their vocabulary – they can even learn the names of shapes in either English or Spanish!
3. Best for Learning: Coordination, Counting, Colors, Shapes — Laugh and Learn Light-up Learning Vacuum
Kids love to imitate their parents. If your child sees you vacuuming the house, they would want to try it too. The Laugh & Learn Light-up Learning Vacuum by Fisher-Price is a lightweight toy that has a variety of songs and phrases that allow your child to learn basic concepts. Equipped with fun questions such as “can you vacuum next to the chair?” etc., the learning vacuum makes cleaning time fun.
4. Best for Learning: Size Differentiation, Colors — Melissa & Doug Rainbow Stacker Toy
If there is one toy that cannot grow old, it is the stacker toy. Melissa & Doug’s Rainbow Stacker Toy is a classic for a reason – it develops your child’s fine motor skills, teaches them colors and allows them to start using logic and reasoning. Your child can explore the concept of relative size as they compare the same object of different sizes.
5. Best for Learning: Shaping, Sorting, Complementarity — Melissa & Doug Take-Along Shape-Sorter
This Take-Along Shape Sorter by Melissa and Doug introduces the concepts of shapes, shape matching and complementarity to your child. The toy has nine differently shaped openings that pair with 9 appropriately shaped, colorful textured blocks. Your child will need to put the textured toy through the right opening. These matching challenges form the foundational knowledge that is so important across the STEM disciplines throughout life.
Why are Educational Toys Important for 15-Month-Old Babies?
When your child is growing up, they are learning new things fast. Educational toys aid them in learning different concepts in a fun way and prepare them for schools. Children who are familiar with the concepts of letters, numbers, daily use phrases, etc., show more confidence at school and engage in their classes more actively.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of toys do 15-month-olds like?
Children at 15-months love toys with color, texture and that respond to their handling. They also love anything that makes a sound in response to their actions.
How much sleep does a 15-month-old need?
Typically 11 to 12 hours at night, plus a nap or two, totalling 1.5 to 3 hours.
Last update on 2021-06-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API